1. Hometown, college, law school: My early boyhood was in rural Kansas and Oklahoma, finally moving to the "big city" of Wichita Kansas when I was in the 5th grade. I graduated from Arizona State University with a B.S and immediately went to law school, receiving first a J.D. from U.C., Hastings and an LL.M. from Harvard
2. During my free time, I love to: Ride a bike, hike and work outside in the garden.
3. Pick one: top three favorite musicians/bands; favorite non-law read; one TV show I never miss: I love reading any kind of history. I watch movies only on TV, with very few exceptions on the Turner Classic Movie channel.
4. Favorite law school memory: Bringing a stripper into the great William Lloyd Prosser's classroom on the occasion of his 69th birthday. It was the one time he was speechless, but he did manage to utter, "stay away from me, I'm a married man!"
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: I like a summer evening at the Durham Bulls and having brunch at Vin Rouge.