How do I . . . ?
- Office Manual
The Office Manual will answer most of your questions about office procedures, logistics, opening and closing files,answering the phone, copies, mail, etc. You'll get tired of hearing Hannah and Allison answer your questions with, "It's explained in the Clinic Manual...," so when you have a question, check here first.
- Lawyer's Handbook 2020 This includes the North Carolina Rules of Professional Conduct and Rules Governing the Practice of Law Student. You are bound by these rules while practicing as a Certified Law Student. You are required to read the rules and ethics opinions prior to being certified.
Supervision Meeting Forms
This form should be prepared and submitted by 5:00 p.m. the day before your weekly meeting. Upload it to your Administrative Case.
Use this form to self-assess your interviewing experiences
Client Release for Taping/Monitoring
If a client is willing to have an interview recorded, use this release
All office forms can also be accessed directly from Clio, under the "New Document from Template" function
For letters and faxes
- Clinic Letterhead
- Clinic envelope
- Return envelope
- Health Justice Fax Coversheet
Intake and Screening
Social Security/SSI Disability Telephone Screening
Use this form to get the key details needed to evaluate a disability case. Attach it to the Intake Sheet.
Administrative Form Letters
- Introduction Letter to client
- Appointment Confirmation Letter with Directions to Law School
- Client Representation Contract
- Health Justice Clinic Medical Release
Release to third party
This is a form to allow us to disclose information about our client to specified third parties. Have the client sign this release when you think you may need to discuss the client's case with a social worker or other third party (including family members); this will permit you to disclose information about the client to these people.
- Non-medical Release
- Release for non-medical information, such as work records, etc.
Student Authorization court form
Use this form if you are filing a case with a court (e.g. a standby guardianship case)
After the Initial Client Interview
Opening Memo - General
This is the detailed summary of the client's case that is completed after the case has been accepted.
Opening Memo - Disability
Use this form for disability cases
Opening Memo - Documents
Use this form for documents cases